Sunday, May 3, 2009

Update

Ok so quick update - I am running a little behind because I have been finishing thesis - interviewing for jobs - and other things as well. But I have not forgotten my quest to uncover celeb 2.0.
So the video is coming along. I am having a harder time with this one - I have a hard enough time editing text - Cleaning up the video is way harder -

Here is a sweet blog about celebs and twitter and such brought to my attention from The Church a mini celeb of his own. He has been documenting his relationship with A Day in the Life of The Church & The BWWLMFSR series - and recently his blog was hit up with an imposter counter video by Lil Mo.


I created my own netvibes to gather all my web stuff - and I officially decided I am sick of twitter. After being tweeted constantly as I brush my teeth, go to the bathroom, anything and everything I decided perhaps phone updates was going to far. Twitter offers some unique features - such as following and search but really is pretty annoying otherwise.


I was thinking about this class as I was working on my thesis. I was attempting to find out information about my Great Grandmother Lula Grace Bell and her family from Whiting, ME. So I looked through census reports - searched every combination of all the members in our family that is gathered on ancestry.com - from work my little brother did before. I went crazy attempting to find something - a story was what I was looking for, a picture, something besides census data and annoying returns on google searches that are just websites that connect a million words for no reason other than I suppose they make money and research about how content is associated.

So how should content be associated? On more layers, and not just dry stats - thats what good about people uploading content. Facebook - and all the social media linking and blogging may help create content that will tell a better story. But I just want to figure out some new ways to connect - that is not driven by $$$. Because if google and the architects of the internet focus too much on efficiency and advertising we may miss the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment