Sunday, March 1, 2009

Research Method

My field methods will be non-traditional in order to avoid the dangers of a strict method - I will investigate my research question, What if Anon Was A Woman? In the spirit of post-human - digital ethnography - that responds to the crisis of significance - I take a methodological approach that recognizes my desire - To find a way that Anon is also me - so I will construct Anon - imaginatively, artistically, through readings - as a woman - as a marked identity - as myself - to question the process of becoming Anon. This involves countless hours of field work - internet research - youtube video watching - blogging - reading - lurking - participating. Through becoming a more active internet user I hope to understand more about the Anon community and the desire to join the flock. Because I have turned my focus towards ambient intimacy - I am keeping a keen ear to the connections that my micro-celebrity (however small) it may be - my family friends etc. - to see how they are participating in creating a micro-celebrity culture and a more connected sense of community. I have already began, and continually am reaching out bringing this quesiton, and this class beyond the borders of the paper, the class, the video, to my friends, co-workers, family - asking them how they can participate - how they feel about the culture - about anonymity. Involved in my research is also literature development - through continuing to read about subjectivity and agency within the 'cyber-space' and studying the historical development of oppressed groups agency - I hope to shed some lights on the mysterious process of asserting agency through creative rebellion - that lies at the heart of self-awareness and self-creation.
Digital Ethnography Without Boundaries.....Bringing the question to multiple layers - If only to unveil more questions -

No comments:

Post a Comment